August 14 , 2014
The Chairman / Managing Director
All Scheduled Commercial Banks (Including RRBs)
and SLBC Convenor Banks
Restructuring of Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY) as National Urban Livelihoods Mission
Please refer to our Master Circular RPCD. CO. GSSD. BC. No 01/09.16.01/2013-14 dated July 01, 2013 on the Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana.
2. The Government of India, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA), has restructured the existing Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY) and launched the National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM). The Self Employment Programme (SEP) component of NULM will focus on providing financial assistance through a provision of interest subsidy on loans to support establishment of Individual & Group Enterprises and Self-Help Groups ((SHGs) of urban poor.
3. The existing provision of capital subsidy for USEP (Urban Self Employment Programme) and UWSP (Urban Women Self-Help Programme) components of SJSRY has been replaced by interest subsidy for loans to Individual enterprise (SEP- I), Group enterprise (SEP- G) and Self Help Groups (SHGs)
4. We have been advised by the Ministry that the NULM is under implementation w.e.f. September 24, 2013 in all districts headquarters (irrespective of population) and all the cities with population of 1 lakh or more and that SJSRY was to remain operational till March 31, 2014. Accordingly, capital subsidy as per SJSRY guidelines will also be extended on bank loans for setting up of individual and group enterprises under USEP and UWSP components of SJSRY, respectively till March 31, 2014.
5. The operational guidelines of the Self Employment Programme (SEP) component of NULM, are annexed. They are also available on the Ministry’s website http://mhupa.gov.in/NULM_Mission/nulm_mission.htm
6. All the banks are advised to take note and comply with guidelines.
Principal Chief General Manager
Encl: as above.