1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been making efforts for promoting awareness on ‘Know your Banknotes ‘and ‘Clean Note Policy’ among the people. To create more awareness and general interest about the concept at an early stage of childhood, RBI, Mumbai proposes to conduct an essay competition relating to Currency Management for school /junior college students in Mumbai Region and State of Goa.
2) The competition conducted by Mumbai Office of RBI is open to all students studying in
Schools / Junior colleges located in all districts of Maharashtra except the districts coming under the Vidarbha Region and Aurangabad (regions come under Nagpur Office). Students studying in the state of Goa are also eligible to compete. The students studying in Classes VI to XII are categorized into three groups viz: Junior (Class VI-VIII), Middle (Class IX-X) and Senior (Class XI-XII).The essay is to be an original one written on the topic “Reserve Bank of India’s Role as Currency Manager of India “ within 1000 to 2000 words.
3) There will be no entry fee. The essay can be written either in English. Hindi or Marathi (regional language). A student may choose to write the essay in any one language. The essay may be hand–written, typed or word processed. Essay has to be in hard copy (soft copy/emailed copies not accepted).
4) The wards of RBI staff are NOT eligible to participate.
The prizes for the successful participants will be in the form of books.
6) The essay must be submitted through the Principal/Head Mistress/Head Master of the respective school/Junior College (who will certify that the essay is the authentic/original work of the student indicating the name of the student, class of study, date of birth, and home address of the student). The decision of the jury appointed by the RBI will be final on all issues relating to the competition.
7) The student should submit a declaration that his/her mother /father /guardian is not an employee of RBI.
8) Each entry should be submitted in a closed cover super scribed with the words ‘Entry for Essay Competition for School Students’ along with the relevant group and sent preferably by registered / speed post upto January 15, 2009 to the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai Regional Office, Main Building, Fort, Mumbai-400001. Entries received after the last date is liable for rejection. Entries can also be submitted by students in person by dropping them in the drop box kept for the purpose near the reception counter of the Main Office Building, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai Office, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Mumbai-400001. RBI is not responsible for entries lost in transit or damaged.
9) Results of the essay competition will be announced in February 2009.Prize winners will be
10) This advertisement is hosted in the portal of RBI available in English and Hindi. The portal
provides a link to the site for “Common Person” (http://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson) which
is having wealth of information on development economics, banking and finance.