Advertisement No 1 / 2009
Recruitment in Class IV Cadre
Applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens who fulfill the eligibility criteria for enlistment in the waitlist for the posts of Security Guard in Class IV cadre in the bank's Ahmedabad Office.
1. Zone of Recruitment: State of Gujarat and Union Territories of Daman & Diu.
2. Post & Eligibility:
Category-wise distribution of vacancies
||No of vacancies
||Class X pass
Note: The Bank reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies or not to fill up the vacancies, as per its requirement.
(Note: Only Ex-servicemen are eligible to apply.)
3. Job Requirements:
1. Guarding Bank's property (Office/Residential), other watch and ward duties at Ahmedabad office.
2. Operating X-Ray machines/DFMD for checking baggage at the entrance & other allied duties which may be assigned by the Bank.
3. The Security Guards will have to work in shifts including night shifts.
4. Educational Qualifications : Minimum Std X pass. Maximum Undergraduate
(Relaxable to any lower limit than Std X in case adequate number of candidates with prescribed educational qualifications are not available).
5. Age Limit : The lower and upper age limit for the post is 18 and 25 years respectively as on September 01, 2009 i.e. candidate born before 31-08-1984 and after 31-08-1991 are not eligible. However, the upper age limit will be relaxed for:
i) SC & ST candidates by 5 years, OBC candidates by 3 years, subject to production of certificate issued by Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India, is further relaxable to the extent of number of years of service in Armed Forces + 3 years subject to maximum upper age limit of 45 years
ii) Displaced persons from Jammu and Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years, subject to production of certificate from the concerned District Magistrate or any other Authority designated by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
iii) Ex employees of banking institutions/Government offices who were retrenched after atleast one year's service and who are applying through Employment Exchange, by 6 years, subject to production of certificate from concerned Establishment.
Except for candidates belonging to the category (iii) above, the relaxation in the upper age limit will be cumulative, if the candidate belongs to more than one category.
6 Pay & Allowances: Initial starting pay of Rs. 4550/- + ASP Rs. 135/-in the scale of 4550–110–4660–150–5110– 190–5680–240–6400–300–7000–360–8080–480–10000 (20 years). Total monthly emoluments at the current rate of allowances will be Rs. 8436/- pm (approximately).
7. General Important Instructions:
- Experience : Only ex-Servicemen with proper military background are eligible. The candidates should have experience of handling of arms and ammunition in the military.
- Graduate / Degree holders are not eligible and need not apply.
- Date of Birth as recorded in School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate / Certificate of Domicile / Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation will only be accepted as a proof of age.
- Ex-servicemen who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the recruitment zone either before or after leaving military service are eligible.
- Definition of Ex-serviceman: “ `Ex-serviceman means a person, who has served in any rank (whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant) in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the para Military forces and who has retired from such service after earning his pension or who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment or who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely
- pension-holders for continuous embodied service;
- person with disability attributable to military service and
- gallantry award winners.”
8) Selection Process:
- Selection will be made through written test and/or interview of eligible candidates. Candidates found suitable will be placed in the waiting list to be prepared subject to vacancies and reservation requirements.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidates to be called for written test/interview. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc., in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test / interview commensurate with the number of vacancies. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final.
9) How to apply:
- Candidates must apply in the prescribed format of application published herewith. Application in any other format is liable to be rejected.
- The format of the application form published herewith should not itself be used as Application. A4 sheet (29.7 cm x 21cm ) should be used for Application. Application may be preferably typewritten or neatly handwritten in Hindi / English (Block/Capital) / Gujarati.
- Application should be supported by the following documents:
- Attested copies of all relevant documents/certificates regarding age and educational qualifications. (No originals should be sent with the application).
- Latest passport size signed photograph (3 cm x 2.5 cm) should be affixed on the right hand top corner of the application.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, attested copy of the relative certificate from the Competent Authority.
- Attested copies of the discharge certificate/service book issued by the Armed forces.
- The application must be sent by ordinary post only or may be deposited in the box kept at the Reception Center of RBI’s Main Office Bldg, Near Gandhi Bridge, Ahmedabad on any day between 10.15 am to 5.00 pm on week days except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays in a cover superscribed “Application for the post of Security Guard”. Applications should be addressed to the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Department of Administration & Personnel Management, Recruitment Section, Near Gandhi Bridge, Ahmedabad 380 014.
- One envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
- No application will be received in person or any acknowledgement given thereof.
Women/Orthopaedically handicapped/disabled ex-servicemen will not be eligible. Before applying for the post of Security Guard, the candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility norms in all respects as mentioned in the advertisement as on the date specified. Applications incomplete in any respect and/or not accompanied by relevant documents/certificates and/or received late shall be rejected. Bank’s decision in this regard shall be final. The Bank reserves the right to reject any application/candidature at any stage of the recruitment process without assigning any reason/s.
11) Closing Date:
Applications complete in all respects must reach the Bank’s office on the aforesaid address latest by October 20, 2009.
i) No correspondence will be entered into, with candidates not found eligible /not considered for Interview.
ii) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Any attempt on the part of the candidate to obtain support for his candidature by any means such as submitting fabricated documents, making statements which are incorrect / false, suppressing material information, resorting to irregular or improper means in connection with the candidature using unfair means etc. shall be a disqualifying factor. If any unscrupulous person pretends to provide assistance by resorting to unfair means, a complaint may be lodged with any of the following.
a) Complaint Redressal Cell, Reserve Bank of India, DAPM, Ahmedabad 380014.
b) Central Vigilance Commission, Satarkata Bhavan, Block ‘A’, GPO Complex, INA New Delhi-110023.